Monday, July 29, 2013

[Tasker] Be informed about software progress

I got my phone repaired and started programming again.

Here my newest script result:

Its shows the progress of an automated measurement system (Done by me with AutoIt, but that's a different story, think of AutoIt as Tasker for Windows - give it a try and the developers and huge thanks :D ).

Why I need this?
I'm currently working with CMOS MAPS (Monolithic Active Pixel Sensors). They need to be programmed and we measure different parameters after setting a huge amount of settings... This takes a lot of time and effort. The runs take much time and if the system breaks down one looses expensive measurement time. So its a huge benefit to run the whole procedure automatically, as it should be running 24/7 and one needs to know as soon as possible, that something went wrong.

The system is called MABS  as it is a Mimosa Automation Bot System ;)

But that's not the point. The point is this tiny notification in your Android pulldown menu!

So basically your Android phone is capable of getting the progress and error/warning statuses of every software you programmed! The setup is very easy. I will post it here soon (this week)! Stay tuned and sorry for not posting in the last time. I promise to improve ;)


Automated measurements system named MABS

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I wonder how you did this "5) When someone enters the wrong code to unlock. A picture of the intruder is taken silently and send via email to me."

    Would be nice if you did a post about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok :)
      That's a short one. Next post is for you!

      Delete
    2. Soo.. How's it going? :D

      Delete
    3. Here you go :)
      http://technologyworkroom.blogspot.de/2013/08/tasker-take-pictures-of-intruders-and.html

      Delete
  2. Everyday i kept visiting your blog to see if u posted a new blog post about your creations. I'm so glad that your phone is working and your finally posting again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, could you tell me how to "6) When I come home, I get asked if I want to turn my Computer on (Wake-On-Lan)"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. This website has got only some really useful info on it! Also it has excellent and very informative. After going through this great content i came to know lots of things which will help me to enrich my knowledge.

    click to Shopping cart abandonment software

    ReplyDelete